If you live in a semi-detached or terraced house, you share a wall (or walls) with your neighbour; that wall is known as a party wall.

Party walls usually separate buildings belonging to different owners, but could include garden walls built astride a boundary. These are known as party fence walls.

Where a wall separates two different size buildings, often only the part that is used by both properties is a party wall; the rest belongs to the person (or persons) on whose land it stands.

If you have been served notice, or even just want to know if the Party Wall Act applies to your project, please feel free to contact us and we can advise you of your duties and rights.

Call us for initial advice on 020 8788 3666.